
Do you know what 'balanced balls' is? I'd just got known to it about one month ago. It's something like a rack, tied with 5 metal balls in a row, using fine string. i have one in my house, my sister bought it from a souvenir shop, just for decoration, i think. At first, we all found it funny to play with and felt so curious about how it works. When you pull one of the balls at the end up and release it, the ball at the other end will be knocked and raised as well. The two balls at the separate ends will then keep on knocking and swinging... knocking and swinging...
Although I'd said goodbye to Physics for years, and obviously, I'm not interested in this subject at all, I think I can still sort this simple principle out, based on my 2-year study of SPM-standard Physics. If I'm not mistaken, the balanced balls works on the principle of 'conservation of force'. when one ball knocks on the others, the kinetic energy is transferred among the row of balls, from one ball to the next...until the outermost ball, the force causes it to bounce, then it drops back, knocks on the neighboring ball, and again, energy is transferred, the ball at the other end bounces... I remember one of the Newton's laws mentions that energy will never reduce , change or disappear by itself, unless there is other force that alters or resists it. so, once energy is exerted to the balanced balls, they will keep on swinging, non-stop, with the condition that there's no any other resistance. The only situation that fixes this condition is to play it in vacuum.
So, basically, we are impossible to keep the metal balls swinging unceasingly. They will stop after a moment, because we are not playing it in vacuum, there are air particles, and hence there are resistance that resists the continuous swinging of the balanced balls.
In other words, the real-world situation is not as what the theory says. Yea, things always occur in such way, what we see are not exactly as what we are told. Things usually turn out oppositely to how they are supposed to be. Force is supposed to be equal and unchangeable but it isn't; the balanced balls are supposed to bounce unceasingly but they don't. Just like LIFE. It is supposed to be fair, and we are told that it is, but it doesn't seem in this way. so, can I say that the saying "life is fair" is the theory while the real 'life' is an experiment? As we know, we can't always get a result from our experiment which is exactly the same as the theory suggests, due to various limitations and errors, in which we may or may not manage to overcome them.
I remember during secondary school, one of my friends, xx used to tell me that the world is never fair! I would definitely gave out loads of supporting points and thesis to object xx. I would tell xx that the world is always fair, and we will eventually get back how much we have paid. I had once believed that life is fair. I believed that God sees everything, and God arranges everything so that everyone will be paid with what they are supposed to get. But that was my thought before I turned 19. That was my thought before I could see the world more clearly. That was my thought before I experienced more and more on this world. Why is it so? I'd got the most possible and reasonable explanation from somewhere: God does have eyes, God knows everything, but sometimes, God has to take a rest, too.
If you are to do an account for life, i bet you will never got it balanced. The number of debit will never be equal to that of credit. Will it?
No comments:
Post a Comment